25 Random Things….
1. I always wish upon a star ….starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight….
2. Born in Alameda at the Naval Station, 8 years in Santa Rosa, California, 13 years in Salem, Virginia, 3 years in New Orleans’ French Quarter, 1 really, really long year in Atlanta, 3 years in Boston’s Back Bay, 36 years in Portland and still in love with this town!
3. Dad and I ran road rallies and auto-crosses as members of the Old Dominion Sports Car Club in Virginia.
4. I have owned my MBGT for 36 years and it was my only car until 2013 ….. it was 7 when I bought it.
5. I have a healthy green thumb and I’m not afraid to use it.
6. I miss film.
7. I chose to skip college so that I could make pictures in different places so I went to work behind a bar… 15 years later, I was the first woman to wait tables at Jake’s Famous Crawfish….my glass ceiling work is done.
8. I love learning new things…..lucky for me Digital keeps changing.
9. Glass half full to a fault……very Pollyanna!
10. I expect people to be real and true and I am always surprised if they aren’t.
11. There were peacocks up the hill from our house in Santa Rosa.
12. I love and miss unstructured time.
13. I had a cool german camera with a folding bellows when I was 12….back when my parents picked up the tab for film.
14. Heaven is a shady spot on a summer day with a book and a breeze.
15. Me and my sweetie like to play hooky and drive to the beach to fly kites…..very zen for me….I have one of those two string stunt kites. I don’t crash it much anymore.
16. One life goal is to learn to cook more wonderful things….my repertoire is small.
17. I will never be confused with Martha Stewart…..entertaining freaks me out.
18. I have a younger and very talented sister….she cooks and paints.
19. I love yard work if there’s no pressure…….again with the not Martha Stewartness.
20. I used to have a much better gym ethic but I am working on it again.
21. Hot Flashes R Us
22. I love to look at people in hats…..good hats, not every hat.
23. Dark chocolate is the only real chocolate.
24. If I were rich, I’d still be a photographer.
25. I am very rich in friends. Lucky.